Festivals and Events in New Harmony
Historic New Harmony, Indiana is located on the banks of the Wabash River on the state lines of Indiana and Illinois. The location of Ludwig Epple House is less than a five minute walk from everything New Harmony has to offer tourists. Visit labyrinths, the Roofless Church, beautiful gardens, historical architecture and several art exhibits throughout the year.
Visitors will enjoy a large selection of antique shops, art galleries, local pottery and crafts. New Harmony is a Golf Cart Community and rentals can be reserved at Visitors Center of the New Harmony Inn Registration Office.
Show off your culinary skills in the well-equipped kitchen at Ludwig Epple House, or if you prefer to dine out, New Harmony has a several restaurants to choose from such as the award-winning Red Geranium Restaurant located directly behind the guest house on North Street, and the Yellow Tavern, a block away on Church Street. We also have other dining options at Sara’s Harmonie Way (500 Church St), Main Cafe (520 Main St.), American Legion Post 370 (516 Main St.), and MaryScott’s Kitchen (518 Main St.). We encourage you to dine at each place while in New Harmony.
Several activities available to enjoy during each season:
- March – “Spring Fling”
- March 15 through October 31 – Historical Daily Guided Walking Tours. Visit University of Indiana for details.
- February through April – Under the Beams Concert – Visit Under the Beams for concert dates
- April – First Brush of Spring Paint Out
- April – Heritage Artisans Week
- May – Harmonie Hundred Bike Ride
- May – Arts in Harmony
- May – New Harmony Project
- June – Golden Raintree Antique Show
- July – 4th of July Celebrations
- July – New Harmony Music School & Festival – visit New Harmony Music Festival or call 1-646-456-7762 for details
- May/August – New Harmony Theatre – visit New Harmony Theatre for show dates
- August – Summer Art Stroll
- September – Kunstfest
- October – Golden Raintree Antique Auto Show & Town Wide Yard Sale
- October – Dulcimer Festival & Concerts
- November – Fall Art Stroll
- December – Christmas in New Harmony
- April thru September – Cathedral Labyrinth Moonlight Walks
- Art Exhibits throughout the year
- Several Wine Tastings throughout the year at different locations
For complete list of events and details, go to “Visit New Harmony” Calendar.